In the office here at Raw Food Central, there is an ongoing debate about getting enough protein while living a Vegan lifestyle. Some say it’s possible, but then say it’s unrealistic due to the amount of food you will have to eat to get the same amount of protein in meat. I’m going to crack this once and for all, not just for them, but for you guys too. Growing up in a vegan home and maintaining a vegan lifestyle throughout my life, I’ve learned the best things to eat for protein consumption.
- Greens: Any dark green vegetable most likely has a significant amount of protein. For example; one cup of spinach is about 7 grams of protein. 2 cups of kale is 5 grams of protein.
- Hemp: Hemp Seed is a great source of protein! Simple 1oz serving of hemp in a smoothie can pack a punch of 11grams of protein!
- Nut Milks: Almond Milk and Cashew Milk are really easy ways of getting protein as 1 cup delivers 6-9 grams of protein.
- Beans: On a salad, in a soup or in a dip. Beans are fascinatingly a fantastic source of protein. One cup of kidney, pinto or black beans delivers you 12-14 grams of protein, along with a great serving of fiber!
- Nutritional Yeast: Nutritional Yeast is one incredible source of protein. In just two tablespoons there is 8grams of protein. Easily season your salad with it, through it on popcorn –Simple!
Take this knowledge and live a vegan lifestyle with confidence and health!